8/15/07

Definitely worth walking an extra 6 blocks to get home

On my way home from work on Tuesday, two high school aged boys sat in the seat behind me on the bus. Typically on the bus I'm concentrating on touching as few of the surfaces as possible with my bare skin, and keeping the weird man standing next to me from inadvertently touching me. Today, however, the only thing i could concentrate on was their conversation. These bright, young, future hermits were speaking emphatically about Greek Mythology. I listened to them dork out and go on and on about Poseidon this, and Zeus that. As I watched my bus stop come and go through the smeared dirty window, I was paralyzed with awe and amazement that these two people had just entered my life. And boy am I glad that missed my stop to stick around. Otherwise, I would have never heard this:
"So yeah, like Oedipus was all like 'Hey Dad, Mom's rollin' with me now. See ya' "

Amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the bare skin comment.

Similar feats are one of my goals in life.

-Teresa